The Toll Road Division is responsible for patrolling the South Sam Houston Tollway between Interstate Highway 45 and U.S. Highway 59 and the Fort Bend Parkway, Tollway between the Harris County/Fort Bend County Line and U.S. 90-A. These areas process more than 60 million vehicle transactions per year. Toll Road Deputies are responsible for enforcing the Texas Motor Vehicle laws, investigating motor vehicle crashes providing security for Toll Road personnel and property, assisting stranded motorists, removing debris, assisting other law enforcement agencies, special enforcement actions and ensuring safe passage for motorists during emergency weather conditions and evacuations.
The Toll Road Division consists of ten Deputies and two Sergeants covering approximately 26 miles of road, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Driving Tips from the Texas Department of Transportation
- Slow down and drive to conditions.
- Drive friendly - yield to other drivers and be courteous.
- Maintain a safe following distance.
- Look both ways before you enter an intersection.
- Signal every turn and lane change.
- Stop at red lights and stop signs.
- Don't drive if you've been drinking.